Casino Journal names Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Products
April 8, 2009
Casino Journal is pleased to announce the winners of its Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Products Awards for 2008. These companies and their products will be profiled in the May issue of Casino Journal.
“Unlike past years’ contests in which one or two technologies tended to dominate the winners’ circle, this year’s results indicate operators are seeking solutions in a variety of different areas,” said James Rutherford, editor of Casino Journal. “While server-based and downloadable solutions remain important, other innovations in areas such as marketing, community gaming, biometrics, game security and peripheral technology also are top of mind.”
The Top 20 winners are (in alphabetical order):
- Acuity Mobile for Rio Text Offers
- Bally Technologies for iVIEW Display Manager
- Bally Technologies for Bally Power Card
- Bally Technologies for Download Configuration Manager
- Bally Technologies for Bally Biometric Recognition
- Bally Technologies for iVIEW Software Design Kit
- CashCode, a Crane Co. company, for CashCode One
- Casino Sports Marketing for All Star Fantasy Challenge
- International Game Technology for AVP Dynamic Game Menu
- International Game Technology for REELdepth
- International Game Technology for sbX Media Manager
- NICE Systems for its Table Game Management System
- Shuffle Master Inc. for i-Table
- SPIELO/Video King for Pick N’ Play Bingo and Slots
- Strategy9 for Slot Tournament Management System
- TCSJOHNHUXLEY for its TouchTable MultiPLAY Roulette
- WMS Gaming for Reel ‘em In! Compete to Win!
- WMS Gaming for Ultra Hit Progressive
- WMS Gaming for POWERBALL Power Seat
- WMS Gaming for BLUEBIRD
A panel of expert judges evaluated more than 80
entries from industry vendors showcasing their newest, most creative products
and services to decide Casino Journal’s Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming
Technology Products Awards for 2008. The judges were:
- Lyle Bell, senior vice president, information technology, Seminole Gaming Operations in Florida, and chairman, Gaming Standards Association
- Jay Fennel, principal, Pfie Gaming Consulting
- David Paster, principal, Yarbrough Planning LLC, and professor, tourism management, University of Southern Mississippi
- Troy Simpson, senior vice president of innovation, Barona Valley Ranch Resort & Casino
- Sheleen Quish, chief
information officer, Ameristar Casinos
The Top 20 winners will be honored and plaques will be awarded at the Thursday keynote luncheon at the seventh annual Gaming Technology Summit, slated for May 19-21 at the Green Valley Ranch in Las Vegas.
The winners of the Platinum, Gold and Silver Awards, along with the winner of the contest’s newest honor, the Attendee Choice Award, also will be announced at the luncheon. Show attendees will vote during the Summit for the Attendee Choice Award winner, selecting from among the Top 20 winners. These top four award winners also will be featured in the July issue of Casino Journal
Register for the Gaming Technology Summit at www.gametechsummit.com. The Gaming Technology Summit is presented by BNP Media Gaming Group, publishers of Casino Journal, and WhiteSand Consulting.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.