City of Dreams to open June 1
Melco Crown Entertainment, a developer and owner of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities focused on the Macau market, announced that City of Dreams, its urban integrated entertainment resort on Cotai, will open its doors to the public on June 1.
City of Dreams has been a passion of Lawrence Ho, co-chairman and CEO of Melco Crown Entertainment, since the liberalization of Macau's gaming market. "Our goal with City of Dreams, our flagship development in Macau, has been to set a new standard of gaming and entertainment experience in Asia. I believe that we will achieve this goal.
"City of Dreams is a 'must experience' next generation resort like no other in Asia, or perhaps the world, comprising distinctly branded casino floors, three separate world-class hotels, a unique shopping precinct 'The Boulevard' which wraps around the casino floors and links the three hotel towers, and an awe-inspiring fully immersive multimedia show housed in the unique theatre, 'The Bubble'."
Ho added, "The opening of City of Dreams represents a culmination of nearly five years of planning and development. As our flagship property, it represents a major step forward in Macau's transformation as the region's premiere leisure, entertainment, and gaming destination.
"In addition to creating close to 7,000 job opportunities in Macau and providing career advancement opportunities throughout our organization, we have been able to deliver on our commitment to the employees of Altira Macau by returning them to normalized work schedules. As a people-centric organization with deep roots in Macau, we remain committed to grooming our employees and to having more than 50 percent of our core management positions held by local Macau people by the end of 2011.
"With the opening of City of Dreams, I believe Melco Crown Entertainment is in the best position to thrive and add value to our stakeholders and the Macau community," Ho concluded.
The initial opening phase of City of Dreams on June 1 will feature:
- A distinctive and intimate next generation 420,000-square-foot casino, with approximately 520 table games and 1,350 gaming machines;
- Crown Towers, with approximately 300 luxurious guest rooms, including 33 high roller villas, offering unrivaled levels of personalized service, lavish style, and uncompromising sophistication;
- The exciting, music-inspired Hard Rock Hotel, with approximately 300 guest rooms;
- Dragon's Treasure, a spectacular, one-of-its-kind, fully immersive multimedia show within the iconic dome-shaped theatre, 'The Bubble';
- Over 20 new restaurants and bars with food and beverage concepts from across China and throughout the region; and
- 'The Boulevard,' a unique lifestyle-oriented retail precinct that includes an impressive array of some of the world's most sought-after retail brands, operated by leading travel retailer DFS.
Grand Hyatt Macau, offering approximately 800 high-end guest rooms, is targeted for completion in the third quarter of 2009, and an original water-based theatrical show, inspired and produced by Franco Dragone, will open in the purpose-built Theater of Dreams soon thereafter. The final planned component of City of Dreams is a luxury apartment hotel consisting of approximately 800 units, which is currently on hold and subject to certain legal and regulatory approvals.