Facebook UK enters online gaming realm with Gamesys product
Bingo and Slots Friendzy will reportedly be the first real money wagering App ever offered on Facebook.
“People love playing new types of games with their friends on Facebook and real money gaming is a popular leisure activity in the UK,” Julien Codorniou, head of EMEA gaming partnerships for Facebook, said in a prepared statement. “We're delighted to be working with Gamesys to enable them to offer their games on Facebook so that people can enjoy playing more games with their friends.”
The Friendzy App comprises of a series of 90 Ball Bingo and Slots games which will offer the Facebook community the opportunity to play with and win real money. Players will enjoy a safe and trusted gaming experience with unique features like:
• Community Progressive Jackpots, when they pop everyone's a winner;
• Friendzy Bonus games that give players chances to win free bingo tickets;
• Friendzy Time offers extra ball calls meaning more winners after every Bingo game; and
• Invite a Friend Rewards will result in enhanced payouts when invited friends play in the same game.
“We are committed to extending our products to a wider adult audience,” said Michael Saunders, managing director for jackpotjoy.com, Gamesys Group’s online instant win and bingo site. “So we've reinvented our exclusive Bingo and Slots games to appeal to the UK Facebook community. This marks an exciting turning point for the industry and a milestone for the Gamesys business.”
Bingo & Slots Friendzy will only be available to Facebook users in the UK and in line with regulatory requirements. A series of controls will be in place to protect those less than 18 years of age and vulnerable people while enabling adult Facebook users to enjoy the gaming experience. These controls include:
• Before being permitted to play, users will be subject to strict account acceptance controls verifying their identity, and that they are over 18 and located in the UK.
• Using Facebook's ageâ€?gating and geoâ€?location technology, the applications, pages and newsfeed activity of the games will not be visible to users under 18 years old and only visible to those in the UK.
• In line with industry standard gambling legislation, all users will have access to a number of selfâ€?help tools to limit their spending and exclude themselves from playing at anytime.