MEI introduces SC Advance at G2E 2010
MEI will be introducing the new SC Advance at G2E featuring benefits that will further raise the bar of performance expectations in the metrics that matter most – driving improvements in both the player experience and operator profitability. This is the next generation product of CASHFLOW SC which changed casino operators’ expectations of bill validators with over one million units produced.
Increased value created by SC Advance is highlighted by the following enhancements, which again raise the bar for performance features that directly impact operator profitability – acceptance, jam rate, security and cost of operation:
• An improved recognition system, which provides proactive security by utilizing transmissive sensors to see all the way through notes in multiple wavelengths.
• Faster bill-to-bill speed, which upgrades the player experience and speeds up transactions to expand throughput.
• Expanded memory, which limits part numbers and submissions by allowing more notes to be recognized in a specific release of firmware.
• Comprehensive barcode recognition, which processes barcode coupons in all four directions and improves acceptance on multi-width currencies.
• Upgrade to USB 2.0, which speeds up communications with the host machine and even potentially expands functionality.
Because the enhancements are localized to the acceptor head, SC Advance can work hand-in-hand with legacy CASHFLOW SC units already in the field. This capability is facilitated by intelligent support tools that will be able to sense the product version and provide the appropriate software.
SC Advance not only is compatible with previous versions, but also with product extensions that have expanded the reach of bill acceptors from the slot machine to the entire cash management process. EASITRAX Soft Count, as an example, has changed rapidly the expectations for what a bill acceptor can offer – building an installed base over 50,000 games in 18 months by improving efficiencies associated with the cash drop process.