Bally Technologies in agreement to acquire Sightline Payments. Bally to offer secure cashless-gaming solutions using kiosks, mobile phones, prepaid cards, and other groundbreaking payment options.
Bally Technologies on Thursday announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Las Vegas-based Sightline Payments, a provider of innovative payment solutions.
Bally’s Chief Executive Officer, Richard Haddrill, said, “Sightline Payments is our latest strategic investment and continues to show our commitment to a comprehensive system product offering. Payment systems and gaming systems will continue to converge and incorporate privatized currency capabilities currently available in retail and online.”
“Our iVIEW™ network has been architected to serve customers at any point of play or point of purchase, and the addition of Sightline’s product offerings to these distribution channels will make for a powerful suite of products for our customers,” Haddrill added.
“Sightline and Bally belong together,” said Kirk Sanford, Chief Executive Officer, President, and Founder of Sightline Payments. “We know Bally’s unique capabilities, and now is the right time to combine both companies. Because of our shared vision of the future of payment services in gaming, we are on the verge of launching some very exciting cashless gaming products that we think can change the gaming payments industry in meaningful ways for our customers.”
Sightline Payments will remain in Las Vegas, and brings to Bally significant gaming and payment industry experience from Kirk Sanford, Tom Sears, and Diran Kludjian. Payment processing will be a new product line for Bally, adding a comprehensive line-up of Sightline Payment products.
Many of Sightline’s cutting-edge payment system solutions will be on display next week at Bally Technologies’ Systems User Conference 8 at Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, Calif., including some of their offerings listed below:
· MobileFunds™: An industry first, PCI-compliant end-to-end NFC (Near Field Communication) and web-based mobile phone payment solution with pre-funded mobile wallet and pre-paid card functionality.
· SmartAdvance™: An industry first and patent pending unique “no-fee” transaction program that drives material revenue increases and reduced costs to a casino operator.
· Check Warranty™: In partnership with a leading check warranty provider, this gaming-centric check guarantee product results in more checks accepted.
· Redemption7X™: An integrated hardware and software solution which supports Bally’s iVIEW Display Manager™ (DM) player-user-interface, ticket-redemption, bill-breaking, ticket printing, ATM, cash advances, and check cashing all in one device.
· ATM3X™: An integrated hardware and software solution which allows casino patrons to perform ATM withdrawals and debit or credit-card transactions.
· SmartStation™: A rich transaction delivery system for cage operations which allows cashiers to quickly and efficiently complete multiple payment services.
Bally Technologies acquiring Sightline Payments
March 3, 2011