Wading through the sea of slots that is the centerpiece of the Global Gaming Expo is a daunting challenge for any gaming executive.
The latest and greatest products will be showcased at G2E, the industry’s biggest event, as thousands of attendees descend upon the Las Vegas Convention Center to seek out new gaming experiences to bring to their players in the coming months.
Hundreds of new games, themes, technological advancements and playing twists await gaming executives, who will cover a lot of ground in the expo’s three days from Nov. 18 through Nov. 20. They must separate the window dressing from the truly great new games and concepts, and begin putting together a plan of action for the coming year.
To that end, Slot Manager offers World of Slots. It is designed to offer a quick guide to highlight games being shown by the industry’s leading game manufacturers. This year, we’ve also included a World of Peripherals listing to offer a heads-up on those non-game products that can be crucial to an efficient, profitable slot floor.
We hope it makes your quest just a little bit easier.
AC COIN & SLOT
- Privately held
- Headquarters: Pleasantville, N.J.
- Employees: 300
- Web site: www.ac-coin.com
- Mac Seelig, president, founder
- Jerald Seelig, executive vice president and general manager
- Jeffrey Seelig, chief financial officer
- Jason Seelig, executive vice president, corporate accounts
- Tom McCormick, executive vice president and general counsel
- Christopher G. Strano, vice president of sales and marketing
New games: In this year alone, AC Coin has released 16 proprietary bonusing games and four community-style games, and the company has outfitted the slot floors of dozens of North America’s casinos, including a custom-themed Havana Rooftop Slots environment for Tropicana Atlantic City. In 2008, AC Coin released games with 25 line and higher pay tables, enhanced visuals, superior audio, ergonomic bases and chairs, and social games that bring excitement to the slot floor and encourage casino patrons to share the enjoyment of playing together. Proprietary games such as When In Rome, Chef’s Daily Special and Big Game Show Gold Edition Bonus doubled and tripled slot floor averages in nearly all installed locations across North America. Others, such as Super Bankroll Bonus and Slingo Bonus Deluxe demonstrated AC Coin’s leadership in community gaming and its effort to bridge the worlds of online and casino entertainment. The industry’s increasing reliance on bonusing games has prompted AC Coin to develop a plan to release 30 percent more slot titles in 2009 than in 2008-more games than ever before in the company’s history. Upcoming AC Coin & Slot games such as Wild Native Spirit, Double 3x4x5x Pay Slottoand Big Cash Slotto Sweepstakes will kick off this effort, appearing in casinos across North America as early as this month, including surrounding the G2E conference in Las Vegas.
AINSWORTH GAME TECHNOLOGY LTD.
- Stock Symbol (ASX: AGI)
- Global headquarters: Newington, NSW, Australia
- U.S. headquarters: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Web site: www.ainsworth.com.au
Stock Price: $.088*
- Leonard Hastings Ainsworth, executive chairman
- Steward Wallis, independent non-executive director
- Graeme Campbell, independent non-executive director
- Danny Gladstone, chief executive officer
New games: Ainsworth is excited to reveal its new G2E 2008 lineup in Booth #3030, headlined with the innovative Play 50Lines and Play 40Lines game range. Featuring new high-volatility games, long arrays of stacked wilds, unique Play 50Lines & Play 40Lines symbol patterns, “$” Mystery SAP and Firestrike three-level mystery progressive link options and with a host of frequent hitting free game features, Ainsworth’s Play 50Lines and Play 40Lines games are set to provide the ultimate “stacked” gaming experience. House of Fortune is Ainsworth’s new three-level mystery linked progressive, complemented by a library of AGT 20, 25, 30, 40, 50Line Asian themed games and each including a two-level mystery SAP option. Central to the progressive link package is Ainsworth’s House of Fortune game, which features highly realistic Asian-themed graphics, a choice free game feature and stacked symbols to create a high incidence of coinciding wins to excite players. Ainsworth’s enhanced Jackpot Kingdom link progressive is roaring with the release of new games including Mystic Africa, Secret Garden, Paradise Moon, Wild Outlaw, Reel Hot 7’s, Amazon Gold, Aztec Fortune and Dream Run. Jackpot Kingdom is a four-level, linked, 30-line minimum, fixed bet progressive product, complemented by the finest graphics and signage presentation with strong new game themes, featuring rapid retriggering free games and exciting arrays of stacked wilds. Devil Dollars and Wild Birds are the first released games with Ainsworth’s new bonus pay-lines concept. Bonus pay lines allows players the opportunity to double the number of pay lines from 25 in the primary game, to 50 pay lines during free games with an extra 5 credit wager per game. Devil Dollars and Wild Birds include arrays of additional stacked symbols and choice of free games and multipliers to give players entertainment value for a 30-credit minimum bet. Ainsworth introduces its new standalone progressive brand Double Hit and the release of the first Ambassador Double Hit game, Wonder World. Wonder World offers five ways to win including two standalone progressive levels plus two bonus-prize levels, all triggered by any five-of-a-kind line win. In addition Wonder World includes an action-packed free game feature with rapid-hitting, five-free-game re-triggers. Other new Double Hit games include Solid Gold, Royal Diamonds and Blue Whale.
- Privately held
- Headquarters: Rutzenmoos, Austria
- Web site: www.amatic.com
- Reinhold Bauer, president and founder
- Tatjana Bauer, sales manager
- Thomas Engstberger, sales manager
- Sandra Kaiser, marketing manager
- Ingrid Windischbauer, purchasing manager
New games: Come aboard of the famous HMS Victory and join Horatio Nelson on his legendary battle of Trafalgar with Admiral Nelson. This is what players experience when they play Amatic’s new five-reel game with 9, 10 or 20 win lines and an exciting bonus game. Three bonus symbols on any position on the screen trigger the free game bonus with 10 free spins. During this bonus, the ship and admiral symbols are wild and substitute for all others except the scatter symbol. Additionally, more free spins can be retriggered. Every time the Admiral symbol appears together with at least two scatter symbols the scatter wins will be doubled for each admiral on the screen. Mega Multi Game is the next generation of the popular Multi Game series. State-of-the-art technology and the latest development in game design define this new gaming platform. The double-monitor system provides more entertainment and information and allows the player to keep track of the win table at all times.
ARISTOCRAT TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- Stock symbol (ASX: ALL)
- Global headquarters: Lane Cove, NSW, Australia
- U.S. headquarters: Las Vegas
- Employees: Approximately 2,140 employees worldwide
- Web site: www.aristocratgaming.com
- Market capitalization: $2.55 billion*
- EBITDA: $368.7 million**
- Stock price: $7.40*
- Revenue: $1,122 million**
Operating cash flow: $229.8 million**
*as of 9/22/08
**year end 2007 Australian dollars
Key executives (United States):
- Nick Khin, president and CEO, Americas
- Simon Ashley, senior vice president and chief financial officer
- Sean Evans, senior vice president, sales
- Jason Walbridge, senior vice president, integration and service
- Tom Smock, senior vice president and general counsel
- Jim Morrow, vice president, R&D, global games and platforms
- Kelly Shaw, vice president, systems sales & marketing
- Paul Davis, vice president, business operations
- Walt Hawkins, vice president, business development
- Ted Hase, assistant vice president, R&D, global games and platforms
- Ed Pool, assistant vice president, R&D, systems
New games: Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the tradeshow floor, Aristocrat unleashes JAWS, a new video slot based on the blockbuster film by Universal Pictures. Dare to play, and you will be swimming in credits and fun. Last year, Aristocrat premiered its new The Sopranos slot, and this year, the company is unveiling The Sopranos progressive video product, which will give players even more bang for the buck with five thrilling bonus features and actual video clips from the show. Aristocrat is proud to present Hit the Heights, a new six-level standalone jackpot product incorporating a unique “wheel” bonus screen across all four new base games. An overwhelming hit of G2E 2007 was Aristocrat’s VIRIDIAN cabinet, a revolutionary, energy-efficient product for video slots. This year, Aristocrat brings the technology to reel spinners with the VIRIDIAN RFX. Mega Millioni$er is a GEN7-driven multisite progressive in which players can win at least $1 million in GLI markets and $2 million in Nevada. This Hyperlink game combines the excitement of GEN7 multigame video machines and the new VIRIDIAN RFX5, Aristocrat’s upcoming five-reel mechanical product. Downloadable games continue to fascinate the gaming industry, and Aristocrat is ahead of the pack with innovative content and Ethernet-driven capabilities fueled by GSA’s G2S protocol. Also fueled by the power of Ethernet is Aristocrat’s new Oasis 360, which gives an even more in-depth player profile than ever before. And a wealth of new GEN7 games will light up players’ eyes and operator’s bottom lines. These and more will be on display in Aristocrat’s booth, #1210.
- Headquarters: Atronic International, Luebbecke, Germany
- Atronic Americas: Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Atronic Australia: Melbourne
- Atronic Systems: Graz, Austria and Monaco
- Employees (Lottomatica, parent): 5,900 worldwide
- Web site: www.atronic.com
- Gerhard Burda, chief executive officer, Atronic Group
- Thierry Aiglon, chief operating officer, Atronic International
- Ken Bossingham, chief operating officer, Atronic Americas
- Todd Nash, vice president, business development and corporate strategy, Atronic Americas
- Markus Stenzer, CFO, Atronic Americas
- Sylvia Dietz, executive director, global marketing
New games: Atronic’s game library is expanding, supporting its state-of-the-art slot machines. The company’s premium slot machine e² leads the way, providing outstanding player convenience and optimum serviceability for operators. The Harmony Slant Top provides its own cutting-edge technology with a stylish modern design and increased flexibility for players and operators. As part of GTECH’s Gaming Solutions group, Atronic also offers Spielo’s latest slot machine, the prodiGi Vu. Equipped with the sensys platform, the prodiGi Vu offers features that greatly enhance the player’s experience and a design that welcomes future innovations. Adding to the company’s library of linked gaming products are games based on the Three Stooges brand; the popular television show Stargate; as well as exciting new concepts and titles for the Deal or No Deal family of games. Also new this year is an innovative community bonus concept called Tree of Riches, in which all players have the chance to share in the winnings. Finally, available on the prodiGi Vu cabinet, is the tournament software TournaMaster and the multigame, multilevel, standalone progressive Jewelly. The impressive Titan machine, the first fully functional, oversized video gaming machine, has received several upgrades including a move to the Hi(!)bility platform. Standing at six-and-a-half feet high and more than three feet wide, this longtime favorite offers all the same features as a standard slot machine. Atronic Americas’ Passion Slots follow suit standing at an impressive eight feet tall when mounted on an 18-inch base and will initially be available with licensed and unlicensed titles. The three-reel version includes a fourth LCD display reel featuring multiplier symbols and bonus game triggers. The new five-reel is the next phase in the Atronic stepper series. Featuring five full-sized reels backlit by intense LED technology, the Passion Deluxe incorporates multiple video screens to the classic stepper. Atronic brings the thrill of live roulette to the next level as the North American manufacturer for Pockaj d.o.o., a Slovenia-based company, and its Alfastreet product line of multiplayer electronic roulette stations. Atronic will be in G2E Booth #1282.
- Stock symbol: (6425: JSDA OTC)
- Headquarters: Tokyo
- Web site: www.aruze.com/en/
- Stock Price: 2,130 JPY
- Market capitalization: 191.4 million JPY
- Kazuo Okada, chairman of the board
- Jun Fujimoto, vice chairman
- Toshihiko Nishigaki, vice chairman
- Hajime Tokuda, president, representative executive officer
- Hiroyki Sawada, independent director
- Masanori Iwabuchi, independent director
- Naoko Ohtsuka, independent director
- Tomohiro Okada, independent director
- Hideki Nakagome, independent director
- Kazuhiko Yamazaki, executive officer, chief director of administration
- Koki Seki, executive officer
- Mikio Tanji, executive officer
New games: “Shen Long,” a five-reel, 50-line game is a new Aruze game that features extraordinary explosive jackpots. Small wins come at a comfortable tempo during the normal game phase, and the free games start immediately after three feature symbols stop on the reels, showing a dragon climbing towards the heavens like a tornado in a manner inspired by the name, “Shen Long.” When entering the free games, five jade stones with different colors emerge. Selecting one of them determines the number of additional feature symbols and wild symbols that are added to the reels. More feature symbols and wild symbols are added to each reel, increasing the chance to win free games by increasing the number of feature symbols during free games. This results in more free games on top of the standard ten free games, creating the chance to have continuous free games occur representing a dramatic increase. This experience will keep players entertained for long periods of time. On top of being the first slot machine of its kind in the industry, “Shen Long” awards a payout in the form of “Rescue Spin” exclusively for players who are not fortunate enough to win free games and fall into an extended take cycle. Wild Hunters Tiger will make your players roar with excitement. Their hearts will beat faster with the intense action of the “Feature” bonus games. When three or more “Features” show up, the “Hunting Free Game Feature” is activated with 10 free games. More “Wild” spaces will be added on the reels on which each “Feature” landed. Another feature bonus can be hit while still in the original feature mode with more “wilds” being added to the reels where each feature lands. The “Wild”space substitutes for all symbols except for the “Feature” symbol. Players will trek through the jungle with the water buffalo, deer, birds, monkeys, rabbits, and of course, the beautiful tiger. The top-rate graphics and high-tech sounds create an atmosphere of expectation until the tiger jumps out with his ferocious roar and really gets the fun going! The Millenary machines with dual transmissive LCD monitors present video animation effects in action during physical reel spins. The games provide a unique game performance and visual effects with 3D high-resolution graphics. Aruze will showcase its games in G2E Booth #2456.
- Stock symbol: (NYSE: BYI)
- Headquarters: Las Vegas
- Employees: 2,300
- Web site: www.ballytech.com
- Market capitalization: $1.92 billion
- Richard Haddrill, chief executive officer
- Gavin Isaacs, chief operating officer
- Robert Caller, chief financial officer
- Robert Luciano, chief technology officer
- Ramesh Srinivasan, executive vice president, systems
- Bruce Rowe, senior vice president, strategy and business development
- Brian Pierce, vice president, North American sales
- John Connelly, vice president, international
- Dan Savage, vice president, marketing
New games: At G2E, Bally’s booth theme, “Your Bally, Your Way,” reflects the company’s customer-centric approach to developing products with customers and for customers that meet the customer’s needs for today, while protecting previously invested capital. Bally will spotlight an array of advanced gaming products and technology at the 2008 show and conference, including the industry’s first multigame stepper and its new world-class Systems Version 11. The company’s boothes (#1232 and #1236), with more than 250 game titles on display, also will highlight Bally’s commitment to enhancing its video slot library with innovative, high-performing games. One of Bally’s key G2E launches will be the new five-reel stepper version of the GameMaker multigame platform. This dramatic new product is the first reel-spinning slot to offer multigame capability with three games in the series. Bally will also introduce several new cabinet configurations, including a new DualVision multiplayer gaming platform based on Bally’s CineVision cabinet. DualVision features a single, segmented video display, bench seating for two and a common bill acceptor specifically designed for “couples” play. Bally also will debut a series of “jumbo” cabinet styles in three different configurations: video, stepper, and stepper with an “Instant Spin prize feature” top box. Also on display will be Bally’s new “Transparent Reels” stepper concept featuring technology that allows for 3-D-style, video and animated displays in conjunction with the mechanical reels. Other new cabinet advancements slated to debut at G2E include a new slimmer profile FineLine cabinet and a new ALPHA cabinet using cost-saving materials for the international gaming market. Taking center stage on Bally’s G2E stand will be Power Strike, a new concept in progressive video slots that allows operators to build the retail cost of a luxury item–such as a motorcycle, boat, car or vacation–into the actual game math itself, letting the cost of the item to be configured into the top jackpot award as if it were cash. Other specialty games on display include Blazing Hot Tournaments, a unique group-play gaming experience; 1,000,000 Degrees, a million-dollar wide-area-progressive product that can be linked to Bally’s existing Millionaire Sevens wide-area progressives; and Cash Burst, a dual-screen gaming experience. Bally plans to unveil a variety of new licensed gaming products at G2E, including a new Playboy video slot game on Bally’s V32 platform. Bally will also present enhanced versions of its two retro-themed Skill Series Atari video slots: Pong and Breakout! Bally also plans to debut another licensed title called Breeders’ Cup, which is a thrilling horse-racing themed group play game based on the world-famous Breeders’ Cup championship.
- Privately held
- Global headquarters: Atlanta, GA
- Mexico headquarters: Mexico City
- Employees: 250+
- Web Site: www.cadillacjack.com
- Gene Chayevsky, chairman and CEO
- Dean Martin, executive vice president, United States
- Ronnie Ferreira, managing director, Mexico
- Timothy Minard, vice president, sales, United States
- Gordon Dickie, vice president, compliance and business development
- Sigmund Lee, vice president, engineering
New products: During G2E, Cadillac Jack will have its “Focus on the Games” in Booth #2482. Cadillac Jack will unveil its newest multi-line video game themes which offer multiple Free Game bonus events. The new titles present a combination of free spins, frenzy spins, locking and wild reels. Each new feature adds a different sensation to the player’s gaming experience. Multiple free game bonus events enliven the game and give players the opportunity to increase their winnings as they remain on the games for longer periods. Free games also allow the player to experience the thrills of a higher volatility game without increasing the coin-in. Included in Cadillac Jack’s portfolio of video reel products at G2E are an array of new titles including Sakura Sun, Mythic Knights, Golden Twenties, Sugar Delight, Bayou Band, Jazz Nights, Wendell & Sparks, Forgotten Fortunes, Pirate Plunder, Amazon Chief and Geckos Gone Wild. Players who love a higher overall hit frequency have shown their excitement for Cadillac Jack’s new 50-line games Tiger Magic, Coyote Country and Wild Ninja. The games provide more ways to win and allow the player to “Double-the-Line” to receive 50 lines for the price of 25. Cadillac Jack also will showcase a new game theme, Pump It Up, for its wide area progressive, Cadillac Cash at G2E. Pump It Up features three levels of bonus games. The base game awards the player a random number of free spins and multipliers, while a second level entertains players with an interactive bonus. When a player achieves the coveted top level bonus, the Hi Octane symbols becomes locking wilds on the middle reel while the remaining reels alternate forward and backward in high energy frenzy spins. Cadillac Jack’s Latin-style Bingo games allow players to experience the social and community aspects of electronic bingo through additional play features and new proprietary mathematics which provide more opportunities to win. Cadillac Jack currently offers a full range of Latin Bingo games and will be introducing Turbo Max Bingo and Carnival Bingo during G2E. Cadillac Jack also will demonstrate its mobile POS system, enhanced Player Tracking System, and back-end system that enable comprehensive administration and business intelligence tools. Sales Director Sonia Nikolova, who also chairs Casino Technology’s management board, stands in front of the company’s Golden Bird and Carnival King games.
- Privately held
- Headquarters: Sofia, Bulgaria
- Employees: more than 800
- Web site: www.casino-technology.com
- Sonia Nikolova, chairman of the management board and director of sales and marketing
- Ivan Tzankarsky, executive director, technical support
- Derek Russan, director of research and development
- Steve Surch, group director of international market development
New products: Following the success of Atlas-based games, such as Aztec Returns, Wild Wild Africa, Ocean Delight, Golden Bird, Bush Explorer and Carnival Princess, Casino Technology has prepared to launch a line of new games in October and November. These include: Deep Water Fishing, Kilamanjaro Treasure, Ocean Madness, Queen of Nubia, Queen of Fruits and the newest Gemini multigame version: Multi Gemini VIII. Casino Technology will be in G2E Booth #1781.
EURO GAMES TECHNOLOGY LTD.
- Headquarters: Sofia, Bulgaria
- Employees: 220
- Web Site: www.egt-bg.com
- Vladimir Dokov, managing director
- Georgi Georgiev, marketing and sales director
- Nataliya Bilous, regional sales manager
- Aura Luta, regional sales manager
- Roberto Moya, sales director for South America
New games: The Vega Vision Series is the company’s new product line. It features dual-screen cabinets with 19-inch displays, attractive LED illumination with enhanced graphics, a new screen layout and stereo sound. They are ergonomically designed and allow increased player functionalities. The series also features quick, easy access to the stacker and counters, an innovative handle design, and compatibility with casino management systems. New titles include Casino Mania, Kashmir Gold, Summer Bliss, and Book of Magic, all five-reel, 20-line video slot games that offer free spins bonus award and a double-up game with cards. Many standard EGT titles, such as Action Money, Ocean Rush and Crazy Bugs, soon will be offered to the series. The Vega Vision series is powered by the state-of-the art and energy-efficient Exciter platform and works from a compact flash card, allowing for easy program changes. This Linux-based system adapts easily to casino management systems, using SAS 6.01 protocol and supports multidenomination, symbol-driven progressive and mystery progressive jackpots. Vega Vision Series is set to perfectly complement EGT’s unique technological solution Classic Blend Jackpot system, and has been voted as one of International Gaming & Wagering Business magazine’s Top 20 International Gaming Products. Vega Vision offers an ideal opportunity to connect in a network EGT’s titles with this highly successful product. The second 19-inch LCD display at the top of the cabinet, which features progressive and mystery jackpot meters, offers players a bird’s eye view of rising jackpot amounts, while they continue to play. Euro Games Technology is located in G2E Booth #2655.
INTERNATIONAL GAME TECHNOLOGY
- Stock symbol: (NYSE:IGT)
- Headquarters: Reno and Las Vegas
- Employees: 5,400
- Web site: www.IGT.com
- Market capitalization: $6.7 billion as of 8/05/08
- Adjusted EBITDA (ttm): $1.1 billion
- Stock price: $24.91 as of 6/27/08
- Revenue (ttm): $2.6 billion
- Operating cash flow (ttm): $617.2 million
- Thomas J. Matthews, chairman and chief executive officer
- Paulus Karskens, president, global business development
- Bob Bittman, executive vice president, product strategy
- Rich Pennington, executive vice president, corporate strategy
- David Johnson, senior vice president, secretary and general counsel
- Daniel Siciliano, chief accounting officer and treasurer
- Patrick Cavanaugh, vice president, investor relations
New games: The complete convergence of games, systems and server-based gaming will be the centerpiece of IGT’s Booth #913 at the Global Gaming Expo 2008. IGT’s vision of the open network comes together in one practical solution called sbX. sbX is more than just an sb system; it’s a new category of “experience management.” It allows a casino to design and manage customized player experiences for a distinct competitive advantage. The power of the AVP platform converges with sbX, providing access to a rich library of available game themes – all using an award-winning, intuitive user interface. The sbX package is the first G2S server-based solution. Making its debut at G2E 2008 is MultiPlay game play – an innovation only available from IGT. MultiPlay Video Slots let players play one theme up to four times, simultaneously, on the same machine. Some MultiPlay games will have four progressive jackpots that can be won at once. The MultiPlay Video Slot family includes well-known games – Cleopatra, Wolf Run and Lil’ Lady – and new themes, Hawaiian Sunset and Golden Eagle. The Standard product line will also showcase two video progressives, Clovers & Gold Video Slots and Jolly Roger Video Slots, and new SAVP additions, Pink Diamond Slots and Slingo Mahjong Slots. IGT’s new family of REELdepth games uses Multi-Level Display (MLD) technology, an ingenious layering of two liquid crystal displays (LCDs) that creates the visual effect of true depth without the use of 3-D glasses. It also allows players to switch between spinning reel game play, video slots and video poker all on one gaming machine. New REELdepth games – Glitter & Gold Slots, Magic Butterfly Slots and 7s Storm Slots – will be combined with colorful graphics packages and RGB lighting in umbrella families. Those, and the new Fire Bells Slots and Greenback Attack Slots, are proof that IGT has “The Right Games.” The MegaJackpots product line will be represented by the new Star Wars Multi Level Progressive with its competitive group-play bonus; new Megabucks and Joker’s Wild versions that feature REELdepth Multi-Level Display (MLD) technology; Multi-Level Progressive versions of Jeopardy! and ELVIS; four new multi-game themes for the Fort Knox Mystery Progressive; and a new Barcrest game called Wheel Hottie. New video poker themes will include Quick Quads Single Hand, Ultimate X Poker, Triple Spin, Wheel Poker II and Dream Card Poker 3X5X10X. New Barcrest USA game titles will be Dazzling Dollars, Greed is Good and a spinning-reel version of Top Dollar with multiple game themes. The M-P Series lineup will include Roulette Evolution in animated, automated and live-dealer versions, Golden Baccarat and the Triple Towers horse race game, as well as an entire pit featuring DigiDeal electronic table games. Walker Digital will feature the latest version of Guaranteed Play for video poker as well as for video slots and, new to the Guaranteed Play family, table games. The Class II product line will introduce a whole new library of proven themes, including 100 Wolves, Mayan Riches, Cleopatra II and Desert Spirit on the G20 machines, and 2x3x4x5x Dragon, Triple Stars and Triple Red Hot 7’s on the S AVP machines.
- Stock Symbol* (ADR:KNM)
- Headquarters: Las Vegas
- Employees: 212
- Web site: www.konamigaming.com
- Market capitalization* $3.33 billion
- EBITDA (ttm)* 469.92 million
- Stock Price* $24.20
- Revenue (ttm)* $2.85 billion
Cash flow (ttm)* $325.81 million
- Satoshi Sakamoto, chief executive officer
- Steve Sutherland, executive vice president/COO
- Ryoichi Kimura, vice president/CAO
- Tom Jingoli, senior director of compliance and legal administration
- Jennifer Martinez, senior director of human resources
- Tom Soukup, senior director of systems R&D
- Yuji Taniguchi, senior director of game R&D
- Jay Bertsch, director of corporate development
- Sam Constantino, director of corporate development
- Charlie Thornton, director of game sales, West
- Alan Cripe, director of games sales, East
- Mark Wiedemer, director of system sales
New games: At G2E, Konami Gaming will showcase new titles on its proven performing K2V platform along with increased game functionality in its line of high denominational games and new 50/100 line game configurations. A new type of game called Mirror Reels will be shown on Konami’s K2V and Advantage 5 platforms. This game is activated when two or more reels display the same symbols in the same row. Konami also will be showing six new game titles on the Advantage 5 platform. At last year’s G2E show Konami unveiled a new type video game on its K2V called Xtra Rewards, this year Konami will show this new type of game on the Advantage + platform. Players activate the extra feature with a certain amount of credits. If extra feature is bet, the player is awarded the extra feature. If not, only the base game is played. Finally, Konami will introduce its version of community-style play with Beat the Field, featuring an exciting horse raced theme event. For more information, visit Konami in Booth #1636.
MULTIMEDIA GAMES, INC.
- Stock symbol (NASDAQ:MGAM)
- Headquarters: Austin, Texas
- Employees: 417
- Web site: www.multimediagames.com
- Market capitalization: $252 million
- EBITDA (ttm): $61.65 million
- Stock price: $4.67
- Revenue (ttm): $123.12 million
- Cash flow (ttm): $39.2 million
- Anthony Sanfilippo, president, chief executive officer
- Randy Cieslewicz, chief financial officer
- Patrick Ramsey, chief operating officer
- Ginny Shanks, chief marketing officer
- Uri Clinton, general counsel and corporate secretary
New games: G2E 2008 will mark the company’s launch of its new lineup of slot machines targeted for expanded Class III markets in 2009 such as Jambalaya Jackpot and the Sport of Kings community bonus game, as well as the many other Class II and Class III gaming products and systems for our existing customer base. The company’s new management team will be on hand in Booth #1710 to meet existing and prospective customers as well as to illuminate the corporate strategy for the upcoming year.
NOVOMATIC/AUSTRIAN GAMING INDUSTRIES GMBH
- Privately held
- Headquarters: Gumpoldskirchen, Lower Austria (near Vienna)
- Employees: more than 12,300 worldwide, including 2300 in Austria
- Website: www.novomatic.com
- Founder: Professor Johann F. Graf, President and majority shareholder
Key executives (Austrian Gaming Industries GmbH):
- Thomas Graf, managing director
- Charles Hiten, managing director
- Erich Kirchberger, managing director
- Jens Halle, managing director
New products: Visitors to Novomatic’s G2E Booth #2156 are sure to be enthralled by the latest Coolfire II game releases in leading technology cabinets. With an extensive range of new exciting Coolfire II single games and multigame mixes AGI have solutions to enhance any gaming floor and grab the attention of casino guests. A special highlight will certainly be AGI’s enhanced Slant Top Cabinet -- featuring a 22-inch bottom touch¬ screen and a 27-inch top screen as well as the innovative “flip-screen feature.” This exceptional functionality allows players to switch their main game from the bottom to the top screen and so be able to play in their most ergonomically convenient position. The Novo-Bar bar-top terminal impresses with its great flexibility and futuristic style. Novo-Bar is not just an ideal space saving solution for bar and lounge areas but is also available as a highly attractive slant top terminal in its own right, a new concept that perfectly complements Novomatic’s existing range of multiplayer cabinets. Both versions of the Novo-Bar provide for modern cash handling and player tracking standards, supporting technologies such as bill acceptor, TITO and smart card. Novo-Bar can be integrated into all existing Novo Unity installations and allows operators to further increase their capacities to up to 250 terminals per system. The live camera display on the individual terminal allows the guest to observe the live game in real time – it can be maximized by fingertip on the touch screen. It supports all features and advantages of the Novo Unity multiplayer range, such as easy touch screen-betting, multidenomination, user-friendly help menus, multilanguage option as well as high security standards and full compatibility to all major protocols. Furthermore, the flexible and compact design of the Novo-Bar offers various possibilities for an optimized space management. Most prominent among the new cabinets is the Super-V+ Gaminator. Super-V+ Gaminator comes with panoramic displays in extra-wide screen format as well as multi-denomination and multilanguage options. The new cabinet also offers great sound through subwoofers and an active satellite speaker system. Sophisticated style, highest quality and a great range of top-performing Coolfire II multigame mixes make this cabinet a top casino attraction for maximum guest attraction and superlative performance. The innovative Flexi-Link Jackpot System is manufactured in Australia by Independent Gaming Pty. Ltd and distributed by AGI as part of a strategic alliance between the two companies. Flexi-Link is the next generation of computer jackpot link systems, featuring multilevel mystery jackpots that maintain and enhance player attraction by visibly notifying the maximum possible cash value of up to four forthcoming jackpot wins via the Novo Cash Levels display. This display is located directly on the gaming machine between the top and bottom screens in 16:5 format to provide maximum information and gaming thrill. Flexi-Link also offers a highly flexible jackpot theme selection via the user-friendly operating menu that allows operators to easily alter the jackpot theme and thus offer maximum gaming variety for their guests.
ROCKET GAMING SYSTEMS, LLC
- Privately held (Miami Tribe of Oklahoma Business Development D.BA. Rocket Gaming Systems)
- Headquarters: Grove, Okla.
- Employees: 238
- Web site: www.rocketgaming.com
- Ronnie W. Harris, chief executive officer/president
- Robert DelRossi, chief operating officer
- Terry Daly, vice president of game design
- AC Ansani, general counsel
New games: Among new games to be showcased in Rocket’s G2E Booth #2633 are Sneaky Pete, Cosmic Sevens, Sure Shot, and $afe E$cape. Rocket will also be showing its new products for the Washington State Appendix X2 market.
VIDEO GAMING TECHNOLOGIES (VGT)
- Privately held
- Headquarters: Smyrna, Tenn.
- Employees: 450
- Web site: www.vgt.net
- John Yarbrough, chief executive officer
- Jay Sevigny, president & chief operating officer
- Doug Edwards, vice president of human resources
- John Taylor, vice president of engineering
- James Starr, vice president of sales (Mid-West)
- Robb Vecchio, vice president of international sales
- Steve Wilson, vice president of sales (West)
- Rodney Ratcliff, general manager of operations
- Steve Brown, controller
- Ryan Meredith, director of financial planning
- Jim Nulph, director of marketing
- Aaron Rubin, director of legislative affairs
- John Plunkett, director of engineering operations
- Al Roireau, director of software development
- David Marsh, director of creative services
- Jason Sprinkle, director of hardware development
New games: VGT’s new games feature its five-reel video mystery jackpot titles such as Silver Dollar Shootout, Neptune’s Gold and Cameloot along with its five-reel mechanical titles including Land of The Free Spins, Free Spins of Fortune, Gemstone Falls and Pirate’s Paradise. VGT’s three-reel modern classics include Caribbean Cash, 777 Bourbon Street, Radiant Rocks, King of Coin, Cash Barn and Squirrels Gone Nuts. More than 60 games will be featured at G2E, including international five-reel mechanical game titles. Visit VGT at G2E in Booth #2282.
VISION GAMING & TECHNOLOGY
- Privately held
- Headquarters: Duluth, Ga.
- Employees: 30
- Web site: www.vision-gaming.com
- Ken Adams, chairman, board of directors
- James Zuber, member, board of directors
- Ed Moran, member, board of directors
- Marie Pierson, chief executive officer
- Deborah Summers, vice president of operations
New games: New Pot-O-Gold2 games include Scarab’s Key, Snake Eyes, Spoils of War and Pokino. In Booth #3430 at the Global Gaming Expo, Vision will showcase the Pot-O-Gold² state-of-the-art platform, which offers endless opportunities to impress both players and employees! The new platform features updated graphics that are crisp and clean, while the operator menu is simple and easy to understand. These new gaming machines are all multi-denominational and support a different jackpot per game, per denomination.
- Stock symbol: NYSE: WMS (WMS Industries Inc., parent company)v Headquarters: Waukegan, Ill.
- Employees: 1,400
- Web site: www.wms.com
- Market capitalization: $1.5B
Stock price: $29.94
- Brian R. Gamache, chairman of the board and CEO
- Orrin J. Edidin, president
- Kenneth Lochiatto, executive vice president and chief operating officer
- Patricia C. Barten, executive vice president of continuous improvement
- Scott D. Schweinfurth, executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer
- Larry J. Pacey, executive vice president, global products and chief innovation officer
New games: This year, WMS is unveiling a variety of new games at G2E and will have a very strong emphasis on its Bluebird2 cabinet. The company will feature a full-range of video, 5RT, and 3RT products. WMS will be showcasing more than 150 games at G2E. Among them are video classics Wolverton and Krakoatoa as well as I-Play series games Jackpot, Block Party and Airplane. Other new games include G+ games Blue Moon; Shimmer; Innovation games such as Eye of the Dragon, Wrap, John Wayne - Spinning Streak, Jungle Wild II and Money Burst; Bonus Bank Video games such as Zeus 2 – HHSR, Bright Diamonds and Lucky Penny. A new poker product is Big Event Poker. WMS is proud to showcase BB2-5RT series games including the 5RT G+ Zeus, Treasures of Machu Pichu, and Rose of Cairo; 5RT 5x4 games Royal Unicorn and Golden Moai; 5RT HHSSR games China Moon and Record Jackpot, and 5RT Bonus Bank games Gold Fish Armada, Gold Fish Mermaids and Wonders. BB2 – 3RT games to be showcased will include 3RT – WAP series games such as Monopoly Grand Hotel, Triple Monopoly, Monopoly Grand Hotel and Boardwalk Bucks. Other BB2 – 3RT games will include the 3RT Stand Alone Progressive games Triple American Spirit and Triple Charms.
WORLD TOUCH GAMING, INC.
- Privately held
- Headquarters: Cumming, Ga.
- Employees: 26
- Web site: www.worldtouchgaming.com
Company description: World Touch Gaming engages in the design and development of innovative electronic entertainment devices, lottery terminals, Class II bingo products and gaming equipment. World Touch Gaming has generated more than $20 million in revenue from the sale or participation in more than 3,000 gaming terminals. The company not only produces gaming devices but also customizes equipment for various applications. World Touch Gaming products are in use in tribal operations throughout Oklahoma and in gaming jurisdictions in Brazil. The company also produces charitable gaming equipment and skill based games. The company has applied for regulatory approval to distribute charitable based games include electronic bingo as well as electronic pull tab products in Maryland and California. The skill-based games are called Nudgemaster 5000, and intended for distribution in nongaming jurisdictions where skill games are allowed. In addition, the company recently launched prizewagon.com, a sponsor-supported Web site that offers players an entertaining and rewarding virtual playing environment and the opportunity to compete with each other in friendly games of skill such as Texas Hold ’em and chance to win cash and other prizes. Because the site is entirely sponsor-supported, participation is free. The company also has developed the Apex Game System, which provides a full suite of game terminal and back-office management and reporting tools. The Apex Game System features a multi-game terminal to maximize product availability on the casino floor. Besides having its own accounting, validation, point-of-sale, and license management tools in the back-office suite, the Apex Game System supports SAS 6.01 to provide more flexibility and easier integration with existing casino operations.
- Don Fiechter, president
- Paul Moriarity, executive vice president
New games: The company’s newest product is the Electronic Instant Lottery (EIL), which offers operators a modern, interactive version of paper tickets. Because the EIL is more cost efficient, players are afforded lower-pricd and higher-payback games. The EIL also provides greater security and integrity than the production and distribution of paper tickets. Another new product is the Apex Video Sweepstakes Game Promotion, a downloadable sweepstakes promotion that represents the next generation of the company’s Apex Game System.This promotion, which targets nongaming jurisdictions, is suitable for partnerships with retailers and can be used for everything from product promotions to employee motivation programs.