The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR) today announced its program for the 2014 Annual Conference that will take place in Philadelphia on October 27-29, 2014. The event, which will explore emerging issues affecting gaming regulators, policymakers and industry executives in gambling markets around the world, will kick off with a welcome from Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter.
The opening keynote will then be provided by MIT Associate Professor, Kevin Slavin, an entrepreneur who has successfully navigated and integrated the areas of gaming, new media and design. Other speakers include:
- Professor Bo J. Bernhard, Phd., Executive Director, UNLV International Gaming Institute
- Eamonn Toland, President, Paddy Power North America
- David Rebuck, Director, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Lau Peet Meng, President, IAGR and Board Member, Casino Regulatory Authority of Singapore
- Bheki Mlambo, Chief Executive Officer, Mpumalanga Gambling Board
- Melissa Blau, Director, iGaming Capital
- Jenny Williams, Commissioner & Chief Executive, United Kingdom Gambling Commission
- Christina Thakor-Rankin, Principal Consultant, 1710 Gaming Ltd.
- Julian Harris, Senior Partner, Harris Hagan
- Richard Guay, Member, Provincial (Quebec) Online Gambling Working Group
- Hakan Hallstedt, Director-General, Swedish Gambling Authority
- Shawn Reid, Board Member, Nevada Gaming Control Board
- John McManus, General Counsel, MGM Resorts International
- Kim Sinatra, General Counsel, Wynn Resorts
- Birgitte Sand, Director, Danish Gambling Authority
The conference will focus on challenges faced by regulators as they seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of gambling oversight. Expected to attend the annual gathering are IAGR members who represent gaming jurisdictions from throughout the world including those in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Central America, Caribbean and South America. Industry representatives are also invited to attend the conference.
The program includes sessions that will address:
- Social Gaming and Virtual Currency
- Internet Gaming
- Problem Gambling
- Testing & Audit Compliance
- Probity & Investigations
- Regulatory Issues around the World, and
- The Future of Gaming
Anyone interested in attending the conference is invited to complete the registration form on the IAGR website at iagr.org. The registration fee is USD $900 for IAGR members and $1,250 for non-IAGR Members and General Industry Attendees.
The IAGR Conference will be co-located with the International Association of Gaming Advisors Annual Conference, which will be held at the same hotel venue, the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, from October 29-31, 2014.