IAGR announces new officers and trustees
The International Association of Gaming Regulators, Inc. (IAGR) has announced its 2014-2015 Officers/Trustees at the 2014 Annual Business Meeting held in Philadelphia, USA in conjunction with its annual conference. Ms. Birgitte Sand of Denmark was inducted as President during the association’s conference in Philadelphia. Ms. Sand is the Director of the Danish Gambling Authority. Mr. Bheki Mlambo of South Africa was inducted as Vice President of IAGR. Mr. Mlambo is the Chief Executive Officer of the Mpumalanga Gambling Board. Treasurer A.G. Burnett, Chairman of the Nevada State Gaming Control Board, and Secretary Trude Felde, Senior Advisor of the Norwegian Gambling and Foundation Authority, retained their respective offices for the next two years. In addition, four new Trustees were elected to the Board.
The 2014-2015 Officers/Trustees are:
- Birgitte Sand, Director, Danish Gambling Authority (President)
- Bheki Mlambo, Chief Executive Officer, Mpumalanga Gambling Board (South Africa) (Vice President)
- A.G. Burnett, Chairman, Nevada Gaming Control Board (Treasurer)
- Blair Cairncross, Executive Director, New Zealand Gambling Commission
- Dale Fuga, Chief Operating Officer, Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba
- Susan Hensel, Director of Licensing, Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- David Rebuck, Director, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Michael Sarquis, Executive Director, Queensland Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation
- Håkan Hallstedt, Director General, Swedish Gambling Authority (incoming Board member)
- Jerry See, Chief Executive, Casino Regulatory Authority of Singapore (incoming Board member)
- Fortune Sekgaphane, Chief Executive Officer, North West Gambling Board (South Africa) (incoming Board member)
- Nick Tofiluk, Director of Regulatory Operations, Gambling Commission (United Kingdom) (incoming Board member)
The conference, which was held October 27-29, 2014, gathered over 200 attendees from 32 countries. Among the topics covered during the conference were:
- Bitcoin: Regulating the Next Generation Payment Solution
- Problem Gambling - A Glimpse Around the World
- Current & Future Trends in Social Gaming
- Testing; Probity & Investigations
- Audit & Compliance
- Internet Gambling; Integrity in Sportsbettting
- Is Horse Racing a Dying Industry?
- How to Build a Gambling Authority; and The Future of Gaming - 2014, 2015 and Beyond.
The conference featured an opening address from Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter and special keynote address by Kevin Slavin of the MIT Media Lab.
Begun in the 1980’s, IAGR works to advance the effectiveness and efficiency of gaming regulation throughout the world and provides a forum in which gaming regulators from various countries can meet, exchange views and information, and discuss policy issues.
In addition, IAGR creates a means of fostering cooperation between gaming regulators in the performance of their official duties and is a central point of contact for inquiries from governments, gaming regulatory agencies and personnel, and representatives of the international gaming industry.
IAGR will hold its next annual conference in Lima, Peru , October 2015.