At the ETA Transact 15 conference in San Francisco, Ingenico Mobile Solutions, the global reference in mobile payment acceptance, launched the first and only PCI PTS 4.0 and SRED-certified mobile card reader equipped to accept both EMV and magstripe card payments, as well as NFC/contactless payments such as Apple Pay. Designed with flexibility in mind, the Ingenico RP450c can be attached to a mobile device via audio jack, or used as a separate Bluetooth companion or in docking station mode.
The new and innovative backpack-like design creates a seamless and reliable customer checkout experience by preventing rotation and incorporating a full-width smartcard slot and long magnetic stripe guide to ensure a high success rate. This addition to the Ingenico Mobile Solutions product line makes the company the first mPOS solution provider to cover the full spectrum of merchant payment needs including mag stripe, EMV and NFC/contactless.
“Merchants want options when it comes to EMV and NFC. With the RP450c, Ingenico Mobile Solutions now provides the first and only mPOS solution that enables acceptance of all payment types, with the most flexible connection options,” said David Szczepanski, COO at Ingenico Mobile Solutions. ”By partnering with Ingenico Group, ISOs and acquirers can offer customers an extensive portfolio of payment solutions through a single integration, and have the option of a white-label platform. Ingenico Mobile Solution is the ideal partner for ISOs and acquirers looking to take advantage of the strong and dynamic mPOS market.”
Unique features of the RP450c include:
• 3-track magnetic stripe reader (MSR), secure card reader (SCR) and NFC reader in one unit.
• PCI PTS 4.0 POI and SRED certified, EMV Level 1 & 2 Contact, EMV Level 1 Contactless.
• Three flexible connection options – audio jack, Bluetooth (option), and USB.
• Integrated extended life rechargeable battery.
• Certified for Visa payWave and MasterCard contactless.
• White-labeling options enabling custom branding of device by merchants or ISOs/acquirers.
• TR-39 certified facility for in-factory key injection.
• Developer-friendly SDK for mobile application integration.
Software integration kits will be available starting in May so customers can be prepared for the RP450c’s commercial availability and EMV liability shift. To learn more about Ingenico Mobile Solutions offerings, visit the company’s ETA Transact 15 booth, #515, or http://mobile-solutions.ingenico.com/.