GLI to host 2015 Latin American and Caribbean roundtable
Current challenges facing regulators today will be the main discussion of this year's 2015 Latin American and Caribbean Regulator's Roundtable, set to take place August 26 and 27 in Bogota, Colombia.
The Roundtable, staged at Estelar Parque De La 93 Hotel, is a two-day educational event hosted by Gaming Laboratories International's world-renowned GLI University. The event is free of charge with attendance limited to gaming and lottery regulators.
Highly-regarded industry leaders from across the region will guide in-depth discussions on today’s most relevant topics including:
• The Basics and Processes of Creating a New Gaming Law
• Achieving Industry Supervision and Control
• How to Develop New Games in the Gaming and Lottery Industry from a Regulatory and Market Analysis Perspective
• Development and Challenges of Interactive Gaming and Regulatory Models
• Government Procurement Process in Sports Betting Operations
• Analyzing Lottery Profitability and Challenges for Growth
• How Lotteries Operate in Federal Jurisdictions and at Multi-Jurisdictional Levels
• Preventing and Controlling Money Laundering Activities
• Illegal Gaming vs. Skill Games
• Regulatory Experience and Challenges of the Horse Racing Industry
• Responsible Gambling in the Lottery and Gaming Industru
• Monitoring and Control Systems: The Latin America and Caribbean Experience
There will also be on-site demonstrations hosted by COLJUEGOS (Empresa Industrial y Comercial del Estado Administradora del Monopolio Rentistico del Juego), Colombia’s gaming and lottery regulatory entity.
GLI Director of Latin America & Caribbean Development Karen Marcela Sierra-Hughes said, “We are celebrating the eighth edition of the Roundtable, and we are committed to deliver a conference with the highest quality content, becoming also an exceptional opportunity for government entities of the region to strengthen relations among their peers. We are grateful to Mrs. Cristina Arango Olaya, President of COLJUEGOS and her staff for their continued support during the organization of this year’s roundtable. Having COLJUEGOS sharing their regulatory advances from the gaming and lottery perspective is an important complement to our conference program.”
GLI will be conducting demonstrations of Verify+ by Kobetron and GLIAccess throughout the Roundtable.
Advanced registration is required, and space is limited.