Kentucky Downs, utilizing the Encore Racing Based Games (RBG) system, broke the single month handle record and numerous other long standing historic horse racing performance records last month. The $34,442,019 wagered in July set a new one-month HHR handle record, shattering the old record ($31,757,057) by more than $2.6 million. Overall handle was up $7.4 million compared to last July.
Numerous other records were broken in July, including:
• Highest attendance for a single month - 31,724 (breaking the old record set in May, 2013)
• Six highest single jackpots awarded - $113,856, $54k (June), $50k (June), $48k, $38k and $35k (all breaking the old record of $32,655 set in March, 2014)
• Four highest total jackpots awarded in a single day - $134k, $115k, $94k, $89k (all breaking the old record of $85k set in February, 2014)
• Most jackpots awarded in a single month - 579 (breaking the old record of 476)
• Highest total jackpots awarded in a single month - $1,479,712 (breaking the old record of $926,213)
• Highest and fifth highest single week handle record (breaking the old record set in February, 2015)
"When you offer your customers such a cutting edge product that takes their experience to a level of fun and reward that was previously unattainable, you would expect to see a large increase in business," commented Kentucky Downs general manager Nick Hughes. "But even we are staggered by the success and acceptance from introducing Encore to our players. These modern, entertaining wagers with significantly larger jackpot levels have created life-changing moments. There's a definite increase in the smile factor from our patrons at Kentucky Downs."
Encore President Jeremy Stein remarked "This past month's performance is indicative of the commitment Encore has made to Kentucky Downs to provide new and exciting wagers that attract, entertain and reward players while increasing revenues for the track, the horse industry and the Commonwealth of Kentucky."