Aria Casino installs in-room technology package from Crave Interactive
- Dining. Guests can order from a full in-room dining menu, schedule breakfast delivery for the next morning and even book restaurant reservations directly through the tablet.
- Housekeeping. Launching in April, housekeeping integration capabilities will have requests for turndown service, extra towels and pillows or a rollaway bed at guests’ fingertips.
- In-Room Packages. For special occasions and celebrations, guests can order in-room packages, extending personalized experiences directly to their guestroom or suite.
- Spa. Those looking for ultimate relaxation can view The Spa & Salon at ARIA’s entire menu of services and reach out for a therapist’s consultation to book a day of pampering.
- In-Room Controls. With one touch, guests can adjust room lighting and temperature to their liking or set a personalized wake-up call that might include the television turning on to their favorite channel as the curtains sweep open to reveal the Las Vegas sun. When it’s time to say “good night,” one touch will close all the curtains and turn off every light.
- News. Guests won’t have to miss any breaking news while away from home, as ARIA’s tablet offers access to thousands of publications from around the world through the PressReader application.
- Communication. The tablets make it easy for groups traveling together to stay up-to-date on their itineraries, even offering multimedia messaging with graphics and video, ideal for meeting hosts.
- Language. Catering to ARIA’s international clientele, each tablet is available in a variety of languages, including English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian and German.