The Cordish companies shared plans for a significant expansion to its Maryland Live! Casino property, located in Hanover, MD. The new $200 millionLIVE! HOTEL, the largest enhancement and investment at the Casino since its opening in June 2012, brings hundreds of new jobs, dining and entertainment options, a luxury day spa and salon, and event center to the region's top gaming and entertainment destination.
The flagship Live! Hotel will be located directly adjacent to Maryland Live! Casino at Arundel Mills and add an additional 350,000-square-feet of space to the State's largest gaming facility. Featuring a 17-story hotel tower with 310 luxury guest rooms, an event center, meeting spaces, new dining options, and a day spa/salon, the expansion will offer guests of the Casino the opportunity to play the day away, then relax and rejuvenate with comfortable accommodations and amenities just steps from the casino floor.
"Maryland Live! Casino is the premier gaming, entertainment and retail destination serving the heart of the Baltimore/Washington population," said Robert J. Norton, president, Cordish Global Gaming Group. "The addition of our flagship Live! Hotel is just the latest investment we are making to ensure Maryland Live! continues to be the preferred choice for visitors seeking a world-class gaming and entertainment experience."
Live! Hotel Highlights:
- A 17-Story Tower that will be the tallest building in Anne Arundel County
- 310 luxury guestrooms, including 52 Suites, featuring warm wood colors with accents of polished ebony
- Grand Event Center
- 1,500-seat Concert Venue
- Built-in Performance Stage
- State-of-the-Art Audio/Visual and Seating Systems
- Banquet Seating Capability up to 800
- Flexible Pre-Function, Meeting Space, and Executive Boardroom
- 24-Hour Café with options for open kitchen viewing and community seating
- Gelato Bar offering expertly crafted espresso, coffee drinks,fresh-baked pastries, and a wide variety of Italian specialty gelato.
- Signature Lobby Bar with more than 50 seats
- A Luxury Day Spa & Salon, including a state-of-the-art Fitness Center
- The New Shop Live! Retail Store
- Approximately 1,000 additional parking spaces The Cordish Companies has assembled an award-winning team of contractors, project architects and designers for the flagship Live! Hotel project, including Klai Juba Wald Architects, McLaren Engineering Group, Laurence Lee Associates, Cleo Design Corporation, Selbert Perkins, Corsi & Associates, Lynne Curry Spa Consulting, Giovanetti Schulman Assoc., and EDSA. Tutor Perini Building Corporation will serve as the General Contractor.
Together, these celebrated firms are responsible for creating some of the most luxurious casinos, resorts and hotels in the world.
The Project is expected to create approximately 400 new jobs and 550 construction jobs for the region; along with numerous operations vendor opportunities for local, minority, women and veteran-owned businesses.
Groundbreaking on the hotel tower is scheduled for Fall 2016 with project completion slated for 4(th) Quarter 2017.