As an editor of a casino trade magazine, a lot of press releases regarding new slot machine games, products and systems tend to cross my desk this time of year, as industry providers gear up for the Global Gaming Expo (G2E), which will take place October 8-11 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Perusing this PR is not only informative, but also helps me organize my itinerary of booth visits on the always intriguing and incredibly hectic G2E tradeshow floor. Here are some of the items that caught my eye and I will track at the upcoming event:
- Kingdom series (AGS, booth 1253): The Kingdom series is a string of six titles specifically developed for AGS’ Orion Slant cabinet. According to a press release, these high-volatility, 243-way and 25-lines games feature a four-level jackpot with linked progressive Grand and Major jackpots and static Minor and Mini jackpots, a five-level pick bonus, and up to 30 free spins.
- EVO cabinet (Ainsworth Game Technology, booth 1529): G2E 2018 will mark the debut of the EVO cabinet, Ainsworth’s newest dual screen offering. Press materials say this upgraded cabinet features twin 24-inch high-definition monitors, an LCD touchscreen button deck and sleek edge lighting. Exclusive content for EVO includes the new four-game PAC-MAN link series, a strategic partnership between Ainsworth and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment that began last year with the success of PAC-MAN WILD EDITION and PAC-MAN DYNAMIC EDITION.
- Muso Triple-27 cabinet (Aruze Gaming, booth 2659): Muso Triple-27 is designed to stand out on the casino floor thanks to LED backlighting that gives a 360-degree presence and offers a sequential lighting feature to attract potential players, according to company literature. Aruze also claims Muso is the first and only slot machine equipped with wireless charging functionality.
- Renegade 3600 sign package (Everi, booth 1116): A press release stated Renegade 3600 is a larger-than-life sign package featuring three 43-inch convex curved monitors which combine to create a stunning visual bonus experience. The sign-based speaker package with licensed music augments the sound capabilities of the individual gaming cabinets to offer unique sign sound celebrations.
- Wheel of Fortune 4D More Money (IGT, booth 3659): IGT amazed show attendees last year with the introduction of its 4D technology-inspired Ghostbusters game. This year the company plans to showcase Wheel of Fortune 4D More Money, a game combining gesture recognition, mid-air haptic and TRUE 3D technologies to generate a multi-sensory gaming experience, according to press materials.
- SynkConnect (Konami Gaming, booth 1154): Konami’s SYNKROS casino management system plans to debut its “cardless” player loyalty solution SynkConnect, which offers players a variety of convenient methods to login to their account at the game machine. SynkConnect technology also has an associated player mobile app that gives users a convenient method of touchless authentication at the device and intuitive account management tools they can view from anywhere.
- The Casino of the Future (Scientific Games, booth 1126): The Casino of the Future showcases how the traditional casino can be turned into a dynamic environment by using cutting-edge technology, offering unique social experiences, fostering player interaction and creating immersive environments, according to a Scientific Games press release.
And on that note, here’s hoping for a very successful, and safe, G2E 2018.