In my last few articles, I covered the various analysis that I utilized as an operator and those that we at Eilers & Krejcik Gaming are applying in the EILERS-FANTINI Central Game Performance Database (GPD). Since those articles and reports were published, operators and suppliers have requested new ways in which they would like for us to slice and dice our large dataset. These requests now form the basis of a new monthly publication containing more key performance indicators (KPIs) and additional explorations of slot trends and performance—this publication will now preview the new EILERS-FANTINI “Data Insights Report” moving forward.
Before diving into the new report, it is important to cover a couple statistics in the GPD. Now inclusive of more than 83,000 slots across 125 casinos, we collect performance data from a wide range of operators all with their own strategic visions. One of the GPD’s statistics that has remained tried and true since inception: approximately 60 percent of all the machines tracked are below 1x section average. That leaves operators looking to determine just how well the other 40 percent perform; an answer that can be provided with a “Performance Matrix.”