Economic Equity Tour -- CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT
Caesars Entertainment and Caesars Foundation announced the launch of a six-city Economic Equity Tour aimed at providing equal access to skill-based education to potential and current employees, suppliers and community members.
The Tour, which is the first of its kind for the gaming and hospitality industry, will be led by industry experts including community leaders, successful entrepreneurs and business executives and will focus on advising and providing resources in the areas of financial literacy, workforce development and entrepreneurship, as well as providing potential business opportunities for diverse suppliers.
- Workforce Development: Brings together both non-profit organizations and city/state departments to collaborate on best practices for recruiting and retention to develop a robust workforce pipeline for the community.
- Non-profit Leadership: Focuses on best practices in fundraising, defining a value proposition and more. The goal will be to match the needs with companies and/or students in the area that can provide pro-bono services.
- Financial Empowerment: Provides financial education and ongoing private support to help raise credit scores and become more fiscally responsible.
- Small Business Development: Provides advice on core business elements such as capacity building, innovation, technology and access to capital. Additionally, participants will hear from procurement officials to learn about upcoming opportunities and how to do business with Caesars Entertainment.
"Equity is ensuring that everyone is provided with the correct resources and training they need to be successful, and equality is the fair and equal treatment of these individuals. At Caesars Entertainment, we choose to focus on creating programs and a culture that prioritizes both, which is why we're excited to extend this commitment in the form of our first Economic Equity Tour," said Gwen Migita, social impact and inclusion vice president and chief sustainability officer. "Our goal with the Economic Equity Tour is to provide free and equal access to the necessary education and skills so that we can grow communities and build a strong pipeline of employees, suppliers and service providers."
The Economic Equity Tour is an extension of Caesars' commitment to achieving diversity, equity and inclusion by giving current and potential employees fair and equal access to the tools they need to be successful. More so, it aligns with Caesars' mission to create thriving communities by providing small and diverse businesses, the cornerstone of economic growth in these areas, opportunities to grow and succeed.
The Economic Equity Tour will visit Caesars Entertainment properties in the following cities:
- New Orleans, Louisiana: July 16, 2019
- Hammond, Indiana: July 22, 2019
- Bossier City, Louisiana: August 13, 2019
- Las Vegas, Nevada: August 26, 2019
- Baltimore, Maryland: September 5, 2019
- Elizabeth, Indiana: September 23, 2019
To expand the reach and accessibility of the Tour, Caesars will be hosting a series of five webinars, facilitated by subject matter experts. Topics covered in these webinars include information on expanding the presence of women of color in business, small business development, marketing, branding and more.
You can learn more about the webinars and the Economic Equity Tour at www.CaesarsEconomicEquityTour.com. The Tour has been underwritten by Caesars Foundation, the charitable giving and community engagement program of Caesars Entertainment.
Beyond the Economic Equity Tour, Caesars Entertainment has recently launched initiatives related to its enterprise-wide commitment to equity, including the January launch of The Shared Future Fund, a new and innovative investment model used to create long-term positive change in the areas of human trafficking, homelessness and immigration. Caesars is also advancing its Gender Equity Initiative with an aspirational goal of lawfully achieving an equal representation of women and men in leadership by 2025.