Casino Journal established membership club
In a few short months we will be entering the 2020s, and Casino Journal will be marking its fifth decade of existence.
As with any enterprise with this many years under its belt, Casino Journal has had to go through some pretty drastic changes to stay current and vital with its end-users—you, the readers. A 1980s subscriber to CJ would receive a tabloid-size publication with news items and features focused on the New Jersey and Nevada casino marketplaces, and likely would have been completely satisfied with this content and its postal delivery. Fast forward to today, and you have a CJ that covers multiple casino-oriented topics across the U.S. and around the world for both domestic and a growing population of international subscribers delivered through the mail and, increasingly, digitally through e-mail; not to mention a complete online presence and all that entails.
So the 2010s CJ is a far cry from the 1980s version, all primarily brought about for one reason: to satisfy demands from readers. There is nothing wrong with this—indeed, it is the nature of business in a free market economy, companies need to constantly adapt or risk fading away.
On that note, as we enter into the 2020s, readers are requesting additional changes to CJ desiring more and more specialized information and content delivered in a more timely fashion to online and mobile devices. And once again, we will rise to the challenge; this time by borrowing a page from our industry’s successful players club format and creating the CJ Digital Readers Club, which will launch the first quarter of 2020.
Members of the CJ Digital Readers Club will receive the following benefits:
- Discounts on registrations for Casino Journal events (Loyalty Player Development Conference, Casino Marketing & Technology Conference and Table Games Conference), entrance into magazine contests (Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Products awards), seats at magazine webinars and items in the Casino Journal Bookstore;
- Three publications (Casino Journal, Slot Management & Marketing and Sports Betting Management) delivered to your mailbox or inbox, and the weekly Gaming Products & Technology Report e-newsletter sent via e-mail; and
- Enhanced entry to casinojournal.com, allowing for unfettered access to digital editions, complete issue archives, casino operator and supplier newsfeeds, timely industry podcasts and videos, expert advice columns and searchable Buyer’s Guide.
Moving forward into 2020, and with the aid of established resources provided by our parent company BNP Media, CJ Digital Readers Club will launch new lines of members-only content and services including:
- Digitized content (keynotes, seminars, video presentations) from Casino Journal events;
- Proprietary gaming industry market research and data from our industry partners and Clear Seas, BNP Media’s research group;
- Editor blogs, a daily Readers Club newsfeed and other enhancements for casinojournal.com;
- Increased content for all our social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube); and
- Four new e-blast products based on popular Casino Journal magazine sections, which will deliver topic-specific content direct to your e-mail inbox on a monthly or quarterly basis. There will be more on these going forward.
As BNP Media approaches its century mark, there is a strong recognition that, in order to serve its constituents, a media company must be more than media. Casino Journal is embracing that attitude by implementing CJ Digital Readers Club, offering resources that go beyond what you might expect from a media company but speak to what you have demanded from our brand. We hope you will join us on this journey and help model and guide us on our course to delivering the best that we can to support you in your growth and success. Stay tuned for more details.