NIGA show preview
NIGA is pulling out all the stops for this year’s Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention, which will take place in San Diego later this
Entering its 35th year, the Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention, scheduled to take place March 24-27 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif., has established itself as the premier event for the Indian Gaming industry.
This is largely due to the event’s sponsor, the National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA), a non-profit organization of sovereign tribal nations with other non-voting associate members representing organizations, tribes and business engaged in tribal gaming enterprises around the country. As the go-to resource for the community on education, legislation and public policy issues, NIGA works to advance the social, economic and political success of its members and the Indian community, at large, according to press materials.
Thanks to the ongoing efforts of NIGA, the annual Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention has grown to become the largest gathering of tribal leaders and casino executives in the country, and is both the meeting place where the community gathers to learn, network and exchange industry-specific ideas and a cultural celebration of success, strength and self-reliance.
The NIGA show is comprised of three primary components—a growing conference program, a vibrant exhibit hall and a wide array of networking opportunities and special events. This year, the conference program includes four days of sessions as well as Commissioner Certification training, and will feature more than 70 hours of education presented by today’s gaming leaders. This thought-provoking content covers everything from gaming operations, legislative updates, hot topics, and more. In addition to a full day of conference sessions, NIGA will also have seminars in two tracks on Tuesday, March 24—Tribal Cannabis and Hemp Symposium and Sports Betting Boot Camp—as well as Thursday and Friday, March 24 and 25 in the Chairman’s Lounge on the tradeshow floor.
The 2020 Indian Gaming Tradeshow slate of educational track topics includes: Casino Resort Operations; Emerging Gaming; Enterprise Development; Finance; Food & Beverage; Gaming Operations; Hospitality & Technology; Hot Topics; Legislative/Policy; Management & Development; Marketing; National Indian Gaming Commission; Regulation & Compliance; Security & Surveillance; and Sports Betting.
Meanwhile, the exhibit hall at Indian Gaming Tradeshow 2020 will be the largest to date—featuring more than 300 of gaming’s leading suppliers. This is the place to see their new products and make new face-to-face connections. Attendees can also experience exciting special events on the tradeshow floor, such as keynotes, Chairman’s Lounge showcase sessions, cash prize drawings and the annual charity slot tournament to benefit Spirit of Sovereignty.
In addition to 70 hours of education and over 300 exhibitors on the tradeshow floor, there will be a full lineup of networking and special events that will allow attendees to network with industry leaders and celebrate Indian Country. These events include:
- Golf Tournaments (March 24): Participate in the Chairman or Vice Chairman Golf Tournament to kick off a great week of networking.
- Chairman’s Welcome Reception (March 24, San Diego Convention Center): All registered attendees and guests are invited to enjoy this complimentary event, which includes an evening of cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, dancing and celebration. The evening will feature special presentations and entertainment.
- Chairman’s Leadership Award Luncheon (March 25, San Diego Convention Center): The annual Chairman’s Leadership Awards Luncheon will celebrate gaming and honor Billy Mills and Oren Lyons with lifetime achievement awards.
- Cultural Reception (March 25, San Diego Convention Center): All attendees and their families are welcome to join this celebration of Native American culture.
- Cash Prize Giveaways (March 26-27, tradeshow floor): Eligible attendees will have the chance to win prizes at this year’s show.
- AGEM VIP Cocktail reception (March 26, tradeshow floor): Attendees are invited to relax and network while enjoying cocktails and hors d’oeuvres offered at Association of Gaming Equipment Manufacturers ( AGEM) member booths.
- Other events to keep an eye out for include the One Mile Walk for Wellness and the Native Strong Comedy Slam.
For more information on special events and other happening at NIGA’s Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention, visit www.indiangamingtradeshow.com.