Looking for a way to enjoy sports wagering without leaving your couch? Try one of the best online sportsbooks, which offer convenience and features you won’t find at your local brick-and-mortar sportsbook.
If you’ve never tried an online sportsbook, you’re in for a real treat. These sites give you access to betting for an incredible variety of sports markets, from NFL games to international rugby and lacrosse matches. Some even allow you to bet on popular eSports games, such as League of Legends.
In this sportsbook review, we provide an overview of the eight best online sportsbooks based on betting options, sports markets, welcome bonuses, and payment methods to help you choose the right site for you.
The 10 Best Sports Betting Sites
The above list are 10 sportsbook sites that we think offer great value through their range of sports and betting events, platform technology, promotions, and payment tools. Remember, many of these brands have both casino and sportsbook – these are sometimes hosted on different websites. So don’t get confused. Let’s proceed with our reviews of the Top 5 Sportsbook Casinos in the list.
1. BetOnline – A Choice Of Effective Promotions And Great Number of Payment Options
BetOnline has been in the business of online gambling for 20 years. But is it the right sportsbook for you?
BetOnline offers a 50% Welcome Bonus – that’s 50% of your first-ever deposit capped at $1,000. The wagering requirement is 10x which is good.
This sportsbook has an impressive knowledge of so many markets. It offers dynamic, exciting odds delivered through a sleek user interface with real-time updates. We saw a mix of higher and lower odds across every sporting event. The tech behind the platform is sound, and you can rely on it to work even during the most high-traffic sporting events.
20+ banking options and 17 cryptocurrencies. Payments are quick and processed within 5 days (assuming there’s no issue with your identification documents).
- Generous Welcome Bonus with 10x wagering requirement
- Advanced payment flow with rapid processing time
- Sleek user interface with real-time updates
- Fees on credit card deposits
2. BetNow: A Wide Range of Games and Old School Web Design
BetNow launched in 2015. It’s an old school site with an impressive range of casino games and betting options, and we thought the betting odds were well organized and presented – despite the old look.
The Welcome Bonus for Sportsbook is 200% bonus on your first deposit. Wagering requirement is 20X. If you’re a low-deposit gamer with a budget, the Welcome Deposit might not suit you.
The sportsbook offers betting odds for a huge number of games, often high-value odds that offer tremendous value for the player.
BetNow accepts a very good range of payments. Keep in mind that the casino might have to approve your ID before you can withdraw winnings. Withdrawal and deposit times were acceptable, but there was no live chat support on offer.
- Classic site design
- Organized, Good Value Odds
- No fees on withdrawals and fast transactions
- Fees on credit card deposits
3. Bovada – Great Loyalty Program and Multi-tier Reward System
Bovada casino has been around since 2011. It has great player retention due to the loyalty it shows its players through its impressive rewards programs. These are redeemable for cash bonuses.
Welcome Bonus is 50% of your first deposit with bonus capped at $250. Wagering requirement is 5X. We think that this is a very modest but effective welcome bonus: a great bonus for casual bettors.
Players can bet on an extremely wide range of events. The gaming experience is enhanced with tools such as Prop Builder. This tool allows players to build interesting bets and increase their betting options.
Guide videos show you how to deposit. This casino accepts a wide range of currencies and payment methods for both payment and withdrawal.
We found the deposit and withdrawal process and times to be acceptable and efficient.
- Multi-tier Rewards Program
- Good value welcome bonus
- Entertaining prop bets available
- Fees apply to bankwire transfers
4. BetUS – Sports Culture, High-Value Betting, and a Content-driven Gaming Experience
BetUS opened in 1994 and has grown into one of the top sportsbook, racebook, and casino sites in the US. BetUS TV delivers TV-style content on sports and betting. You can also view clips of BetUS TV on youtube.
The welcome bonus is split between sportsbook and casino. A 125% Sign-Up capped at $3,125 on your first deposit is divided as follows:
Sportsbook: 100% bonus (10x)
Casino: 25% bonus (30x)
Players benefit from a wide range of odds and betting options, including Parlays, Round Robins, and Futures Bet.
This Sportsbook delivers high quality, up-to-date odds, detailed and rapidly updated wagering opportunities, great customer support and dynamic content.
We had a smooth and efficient experience depositing money at BetUS.
- A lot of great sports content
- Clear instructions on how to use BetUS Wallet with QR code
- Live Betting with streaming
- Bonus cash expires after 10 days
5. Everygame Casino – Impressive Live Betting Interface
This sportsbook was created in 1996. It has a simple design that makes it easy to navigate the site.
You can play games at Everygame casino by downloading the platform directly, playing on your browser, or playing on the Everygame Mobile Casino app.
Each promotion has a hefty 30x wagering requirement. On the plus side, there is a wide range of seasonal promotions around top sporting events.
There is an exceptional range of sports available, combining niche events with major sports.
There is a good combination of props and future bets available. We browsed some of the odds available and we saw good value there.
Clear guides on how to deposit and how to purchase crypto are available. As for withdrawals, Everygame states that the payout process begins two business days (48 hours) after a request has been received.
- Seasonal promotions
- Live Betting
- Mobile App
- Very long and confusing Ts & Cs
- $50 withdrawal fee for bank transfers
How To Use an Online Betting Site
It’s very easy to use an online betting site, even if you’ve never tried one before. Here’s how to do it:
Visit one of the best online sportsbooks on our list, or download its mobile app on your tablet or phone.
Sign up for an account on the site or app. Most will approve you automatically, but you might need to send proof of your identity first. This could include a picture of your driver’s license.
Enter a welcome bonus promotional code to receive your bonus, if necessary. Some sportsbooks apply the welcome bonus automatically. Others list current promo codes on their promotions page, and you’ll have to enter the code manually.
Make your first deposit. Most sportsbooks have low minimum deposits, sometimes as little as $5.
Types of Sports Bets
If you’re new to sports wagering, you may find yourself confused by all the different types of bets at online sportsbooks. Here, we explain a few of the most popular options.
The moneyline is the simplest type of bet at online sportsbooks, which makes it a great pick if you are new to sports betting. With this bet, all you have to do is wager on the outcome of a game. The oddsmakers will then assign moneylines on outcomes after assessing the chance of them paying off. If you correctly bet on the winning team, you win. Sportsbooks often pay out higher winnings if you bet on an “underdog” team or player who isn’t likely to win.
The point spread is among the most popular betting types at online sportsbooks. It works like this: The sportsbook assesses two teams and gives the strongest one a points handicap, which is called a spread. You can then bet on either team to cover the spread. For instance, you might bet that a team will win by five points or lose by no more than two points.
With a parlay, you can combine bets on multiple games into a single wager. For instance, you might bet on the Dallas Cowboys, the Arizona Cardinals, and the New York Jets to cover a spread. Each bet you make in a parlay is called a leg. To win, you would need to place successful bets on all three teams. Winnings from one leg roll over to the next.
When you bet on totals, an online sportsbook sets an over/under line on the points, goals, or runs that players or teams may score in a game. You can bet on whether a team will be over or under the set amount.
Prop bets, or proposition bets, allow you to place wagers on the actions of a specific player. For example, you could bet on a player to hit a home run or make a touchdown. Most sportsbooks also allow you to make team prop bets, such as the first team to reach 10 points, and game props, such as the highest-scoring inning in a baseball game.
Pros and Cons of Sports Betting Sites
Wondering whether using an online sportsbook is worth your time? Consider the pros and cons to help you decide.
- Convenient betting: Online sportsbooks allow you to place wagers on your favorite teams anytime and from anywhere. It’s far more convenient than heading down to your local retail sportsbook in person.
- Bonuses and promotions: Most online sportsbooks offer impressive welcome bonuses to new players. One of these is the popular First Bet Bonus — the sportsbook refunds your first bet if you lose (up to a certain amount). Many sportsbooks have regular promotions and contests throughout the week, too.
- Lots of ways to bet: Online sportsbooks may offer more ways to bet than traditional sportsbooks. For instance, PointsBet has a feature that allows you to multiply your bet by 10x. Of course, you could lose big with this feature, too, so bet responsibly.
- Flexible payment methods: Online sportsbooks accept more payment methods than the brick-and-mortar variety. For example, many accept PayPal, Apple Pay, and Venmo. You may also be able to find some sportsbooks that take crypto.
- Play on the go: Many online sportsbooks have a mobile app that lets you place wagers from your phone or tablet.
- Livestreamed games: Most sports wagering websites have a live-streaming feature so you can watch the game in real time. It’s a handy feature if you can’t catch a match on your local TV channels.
- Casino game availability: Quite a few online sportsbooks have a casino as well. At the casino, you can enjoy slot games, blackjack, roulette, poker, and baccarat. Some even have games run by a live dealer. These games can make for a good diversion when you need a break from sports betting.
- Not legal everywhere: Online sportsbooks aren’t legal in every state, which means you might not be able to use your preferred wagering site.
- Limited customer service: Customer service can be spotty at some online sportsbooks. Not all offer 24/7 support, although most of those that we reviewed do. Some sportsbooks have no phone support, which means you can only reach a support agent via email or live chat.
- Varying payout times: It can take up to seven days to get your winnings at an online sportsbook, depending on the banking method you use.
- Potential to lose money: It’s very easy to place bets at online sportsbooks, which can be a good thing but may be problematic for certain bettors. Bettors may spend more money than they intended or even develop a gambling addiction. However, the best online sportsbooks have responsible gambling tools in place to support players. For instance, bettors can place limits on how much they’re allowed to spend per day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are online sportsbooks legal in the U.S.?
Online sportsbooks are currently legal in 30 U.S. states, some of which include New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Virginia, and Nevada. However, the sports betting industry is not legal in every state. Sportsbooks can only operate in states where they hold a license.
What is the safest online sportsbook?
All of the online sportsbooks we reviewed are very safe and make a strong effort to protect player information. Whether you choose Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKing, BetRivers, or PointsBet, you can rest easy knowing that the sportsbook safeguards your details and protects your banking information with full encryption.
How long do withdrawals take at the best online sportsbooks?
Withdrawal speeds vary by online sportsbook and the banking method you choose. Most that we reviewed can get your winnings to you in one to seven business days. Bank transfers and checks take the longest, while crypto is the fastest option, although none of the sportsbooks on our list currently take crypto.
Which sportsbook has the best odds?
PointsBook is one sportsbook that has some of the best odds for sports bettors. That said, all of the sportsbooks we reviewed offer decent odds. It pays to check out the odds at each online betting site on our list before signing up for an account.
Are online sportsbooks rigged?
Online sports books aren’t rigged, but the odds aren’t usually in your favor. That’s because sportsbooks earn a commission on losing wagers, which is called the vig. This commission is what keeps sportsbooks in business.
However, it’s possible to come out ahead at the best online sportsbooks if you follow teams closely and use a good strategy.